Friday, June 26, 2009

More on Camping

The campground at Isle du Boise has free WiFi!
SO ... I bought me a (used) laptop with WiFi connectivity.
Then I couldn't get the WiFi to work
Then I bring it back to the store.
The guy goes into the backroom.
When he returns he's connected to the Internet!!
I ask: "How'd you do that? I tried all day!"
He says: "I'm not gonna tell ya."
Then he turns to Heidi and (with a BIG smile) says:
"You should get a new husband.
This guy don't know nothin'."

I suspect they'd forgotten to install the wireless driver.

When we get home, we drive to a local WiFi hotspot.
VOILA! ... I'm connected!!

Now I can stick pictures here:
http://www.gummy-stuff.org/camping-texas.htm

And, best of all, we get to see our GRAND kids.
Whooeee!



P.S.

Many of the keys on the keyboard of that (used) laptop were worn.
It took me four days (after I brought it home, "fixed") to finally notice that they were no longer worn.
The guy had replaced the keyboard when he went into the back room!!!
So Heidi & I went to a local Pizza Pizza, bought a large pizza with chicken nuggets and dipping sauce and four Cokes and brought it to the computer store ... to say Thank you! to the guys at the computer store.
They were happy!

As we were leaving, Heidi said:
"See? My husband is SO schmart.
It only took him four days to notice the new keyboard!"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment