Saturday, August 1, 2009

Nibble all day

Once upon a time I went on a diet.
Well, not exactly: I took magic pills to curb my appetite ... or burn fat ... or something (I guess)?
Weight Loss
more on Weight Loss

Anyway, nothing worked very well, so I told Heidi that what I needed to do was "nibble all day".
So I fixed a bowl of kidney beans, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, olive oil and vinegar. That's like -- Italian dressing.
The bowl sat quietly on the kitchen counter -- with a tablespoon stuck into the creation.
Every time I got a little hungry, I'd have a spoonful.

Next day the kidney beans were replaced by chick peas
... then corn and green beans with maybe pieces of celery or lettuce.

By dinner, I was full -- but managed to finish off the last of the concoction.

Did it do any good?
It seems so. I never feel hungry and lost 10.9 pounds in 9 days.
At that rate, in six months I'll be lighter than air, eh?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment