Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gremlins

Yesterday morning I figured my favourite stock will open UP big time.
That's based upon exhausting exhaustive (and very sophisticated) mathematical analysis.

Indeed, I generated a chart like so:


Though a 3% increase in the Open (from the previous Close) would guarantee a gain (from Open to Close) of 0.68022% (accurate to five places of decimal), I go for the 2%. I'm not greedy, eh?

GCE does open at 2% greater than the previous Close and I buy it at $4.12 ... eagerly.
Then I watch in dismay as it drops to $4.06.
Now I'm investigating the error in the assumptions.
Math is never wrong, right?
Now there's this Theory of Gremlins in Mathematics.
Maybe, just maybe ...


PS#1
If one doesn't mind a few gremlins, the spreadsheet is available for amusement, here:
http://www.gummy-stuff.org/Excel/BuyOPEN.xls

PS#2
After careless careful analysis, I predict my favourite stock will open UP big time, this morning.
Have I said that before?
-----------------------------

A week ago I made a prediction (for my brother-in-law).
I said that his CBQ = BRIC stock (then $27.75) would hit $31 in two weeks.
Though we both laugh, he keeps reminding me of the prediction.
I take a peek this morning and find that it's trading at (about) $30. (It closed at $29.97.)

If my predictions comes to pass, people may actually take 'em seriously ... and that ain't good.

 

2 comments:

  1. You need to use the Free Metatrader MQL4 Complier to write your own Forex "Expert Advisor" Robot Trading Program so you can go fishing and napping while it makes you $Billions, lol. >>>


    http://championship.mql4.com/2008/news/532

    ---------------------------------------------

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT!
    And ignore all the 500+ *very* sexy spreadsheets on gummy-stuff.org?
    :^)

    ReplyDelete