Thursday, October 8, 2009

Prague

Some 65 years ago (as a child!), my wife lived in Prague with her parents, two brothers and a sister.
A few years ago we were trying to find the house where she lived, using Google Earth.
We found this:

She got all excited ... after so many years.
"I remember the balconies, the backyard ..."
My brother-in-law (then about 5 years old), remembers playing with a turtle on the balcony.

Yesterday, I read about Google providing street views for a number of Canadian cities ... so I thought: "How about Prague?"
As it turns out, Prague was recently added to street views.

We used Google Earth and this is what we found:


Remarkable!
------------------------

Street View is also available in Google Maps.
For example, click here then click on the .
It marks the location of Trevi Fountain, in Rome
... then click on Street View
... then wander about:





 

No comments:

Post a Comment