Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Down then Up

The New Year is about to begin.
I'm looking for a stock that's come down big time from its High over the past couple of years and is now heading up ... big time!
Maybe like this guy:

She's down 70% from her High in June/08 and is up over 700% from her Low of $0.39 in March/09.

She's been at $11 and is now about $3.
She has a way to go, right?
Good bet?
Who knows ... but I'll give 'er a try, eh?
P.S.
I already own some, but gotta get me some more ...
------------------------------

In August/09, I mentioned that contest (where we begin with $100K in Jan.09).
At the time, I had $248K.
Surprise!
Now that coal stock has me over $300K !!

Coal makes me feel warm all over.
Maybe I woulda won, eh?
------------------------------


Here are some stocks with how far they're down from their 2-year HIGH, and how much they're up from their 2-year LOW:

Note that IBM and MMM are at their 2-year high.
Are y'all paying attention to the first couple, eh?
(And BAC looks good.)

P.S.
There's a spreadsheet to play with here:
http://www.gummy-stuff.org/down-up-buy.htm

 

3 comments:

  1. The old Cup and Handle chart pattern >>>

    http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:l438Gxrx2tUJ:www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cupandhandle.asp+cup+and+handle+chart+pattern&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stuck the Cup & Handle on my website:
    http://www.gummy-stuff.org/down-up-buy.htm

    What I need is a neato name for Big Down then Big Up *without* regaining previous highs.
    Hmmm ...

    ReplyDelete