Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Jensen's alpha

I recently got e-mail mentioning Jensen's alpha.
It didn't ring a bell, so I search gummy-stuff.org
(My memory is so lousy that I often have to do that.)
Anyway, it ain't there so I google and wrote what I found, here.

It's interesting, but (like most things I've written about) I don't think it's very useful.

Nevertheless, it generates a number that (along with a jillion other numbers) one can add to one's arsenal in order to gauge the performance of stocks and/or funds.
As Ron McEwan says in an e-mail, it gives "a better look ahead down a foggy road".


Click for the big picture.

Okay, wanna see magnificent J-alphas?
My coal stock#1 got J-alpha = 11%.
My coal stock#2 got J-alpha = 13%.
My lithium stock got J-alpha = 33%.
Whooeeee!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment