Friday, February 12, 2010

Back to the Future

I don't believe in any of the (financial) stuff I write about on gummy-stuff, but it's often quite amusing if not downright entertaining.
However, I'm quite surprised at how well the "Predicted Future" has done for my brother-in-law's stock ... so far:

Of course, the problem with predicting the next month, starting today, is that ya gotta wait for a month to see if'n it was a reasonable prediction ... or not.

So I thought it'd be neat to pretend that "today" is, say, a year ago.
Then we can actually see the subsequent month and how well or poorly the "Predicted Future" was.

For the DOW (moving back a year or so), I got this:

and this (back another year)

and this (back another year)


Conclusion? Pretty lousy, I'd say ... but entertaining, eh?


Want to be entertained?
There's a clutzy (and too large) spreadsheet here:
testing-1-2-3

I should mention that, sometimes, it ain't bad.
Here's Microsoft (pretending that "today" is about 3 years ago):


 

No comments:

Post a Comment