Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ichimoku-who?

A couple of days ago I ran across a list of technical indicators. I figured that, after 15 years and numerous tutorials, I knew 'em all:
Bollinger, Aroon, ADX, Williams %R ...
In fact, I hardly recognized any on that list.

The most intriguing name was the Ichimoku cloud.
I recall, when playing with candlesticks, running across dojis and haramis (and even the shaven bottom).

But Ichimoku cloud?

Then I asked some charting software to show me that cloud:

Mamma mia!
I reckon I gotta play with that guy ...

P.S.
I understand that the "trend" is UP when the stock prices are above the cloud. I stare at the above chart and feel warm all over. Who knows? I might make $$ next week, eh?
-------------------------------------------

I'm struggling with that $^#@!* spreadsheet.
So far, so good ...
I think

Click to enlarge.

 
Wanna try it?
Click!


 

2 comments:

  1. Roberto from ItalyJune 27, 2010 at 5:29 AM

    I found this «COMPUTING ICHIMOKU LINES» here:
    http://www.forexquestions.com/article.php?id=019

    to display ichimoku charts in spreadsheets
    so we can play with it

    Bye Roberto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roberto:
    I'm working on one, too :^)

    It looks like this (so far):
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2qtiott.gif

    ReplyDelete