Monday, January 25, 2010

Whither Willow?

Once upon a time I wrote a novel: Whither Willow?.
Soon after, the publisher went belly-up.
Last night I was told that there's a "free" (gasp!) mechanism for self-publishing.

So I reformatted the novel (according to specifications), designed a (silly) cover, etc. etc. and submitted the manuscript.
I was asked: "How much do you want to sell it for?"
I typed: "$1.00"
They replied: "It has to be at least $22.17."

Huh?
So it's $22.17 which (I guess) is their cut.
My cut is (I guess) $0.00
It'll be fascinating to see if anybody actually pays $22.17, eh?

P.S.
Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY IT!
It's here (along with others) for free!
Novels


 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! Such Steamy prose! Do you write for National Inquirer? You obviously were young when you wrote them. Now, I guess you are writing the children's books. Lol

    ;^D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steamy?
    You been readin' too may Playboy novels.
    LOL
    ;^D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waz wondering when you would get back to your writing and art work....you know----like you said you would?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been working on all the unfinished novels for about six months. It takes me a much longer time than it did ... way back when. Gettin' old, I reckon.

    I've also painted several pets of friends and relatives. However, I now paint only when I'm asked, else my stuff just collects dust in a closet.
    :^(

    ReplyDelete